Join instructor Molly Scott* for outdoor adventures in Rose Run Park (and surrounding community). These nature classes are designed for children ages 3 - 5 (and their adult/s) to explore and connect with nature through movement, sensory play and seasonal activities. Each class will offer safe and developmentally appropriate opportunities for children to discover a sense of wonder about this amazing world we live in.
Classes will offer story/books, music and movement, exploring using our senses, walks/hikes, ideas for home nature play and a variety of hands-on activities. We may get a little messy, but that’s part of the fun!
Children should be accompanied by an adult throughout the class.
Schedule: Tuesday April 27th, 10:00-11:15am
Location: Rose Run Park in New Albany - in the grassy area near Dublin-Granville Rd (just east of Raines Crossing bridge). For visual reference - see map on HNA.RecDesk.com home page.
(Please register any child who will be participating. There's no need to register babies or toddlers who may need to come along with the parent)
*Molly Scott (aka "Ms. Molly") is a nature educator, with degrees in Child Development and Early Childhood Education. She teaches the Toddlers in Nature Classes at Blendon Woods and Rocky Fork Metro Parks. She is Montessori trained and certified in Project Learning Tree. Her passion is connecting current generations with nature, as we are nature itself.
To Wear/Bring with You:
- Comfortable clothes that could get messy and are appropriate for the outdoor elements and weather forecast!
- Shoes that are comfortable for walking.
- An outdoor blanket - families should set out their blankets upon arrival and stay on them for the seated part of the program (this is a great way to help young children maintain social distancing!)
- Water bottles
- A snack (if desired)
World of Wonder Nature Classes are all about embracing the natural world - so a little rain or a little cold won't stop us! However, in the event of significant inclement weather, classes may be canceled or moved indoors in the Philip Heit Center (weather decisions will be made on the morning of the class).
Some important Covid-related notes:
- Masks should be worn upon arrival and departure, and while moving around/exploring during the program. Masks should only be taken off while families are socially distanced on their blankets.
- If any attendee is showing any symptoms if sickness, please stay home.
|Program Type||Family & Youth|
|Program Code||WOW Nature Class #2b|
|Enrollment Begin Date||3/15/2021|
|Enrollment End Date||4/25/2021|