Yuck! Nature Classes are for 1st-3rd graders and typically occur on Thursday afternoons twice per month. Each class will include walking, hands-on activities, a small snack, and information to take home. The theme for the April 29th class is "Excuse Me While I Vomit".
For students who attend NAPLS Primary School - an HNA Instructor or Volunteer will collect students at the front office around 3:40pm and escort them directly to the Philip Heit Center for the program. To opt-in, simply choose this option on the Permission Form during registration.
Students who do not attend NAPLS Primary School can be dropped off at the Philip Heit Center right before the program starts.
*Molly Scott (aka "Ms. Molly") is a nature educator, with degrees in Child Development and Early Childhood Education. She teaches nature classes at Blendon Woods and Rocky Fork Metro Parks and is the Nature Program Coordinator at Healthy New Albany. She is Montessori trained and certified in Project Learning Tree. Her passion is connecting current generations with nature, as we are nature itself.
Important Covid-related notes:
- Attendees should wear masks at all times (except while eating/drinking)
- The number of participants will be limited
- If attendee is showing any symptoms of sickness or has had a recent exposure, please stay home
To Wear/Bring with You:
- Comfortable clothes that could get messy and are appropriate for the outdoor elements and weather forecast!
- Shoes that are comfortable for lots of walking.
- A refillable water bottle
Yuck! Nature classes are all about embracing the natural world - so a little rain won't stop us! However, in the event of significant inclement weather, classes may be moved indoors in the Philip Heit Center or canceled. Weather decisions will typically be made a few hours before the program starts.
|Program Type||Family & Youth|
|Enrollment Begin Date||3/15/2021|
|Enrollment End Date||4/27/2021|
Molly Scott, Nature Educator