Farmers Markets are all about community, culture and connection, and these storytimes are unique to our New Albany Farmers Market.
Ms. Molly* will have a basket full of stories and surprises each time, from bugs to gardening, from fresh foods to compost, and more. Families will enjoy nature stories and explore all that is the best of summer.
Fee: Only $15 per family - and as part of your registration, you'll get $5 in "Farmers Market Coins" as a family to spend at any of our Farmers Market vendor booths!
Schedule: Thursday July 8th, 5:30 - 6:30pm
Topic: "Bugs Galore"
Location: Marx Library Garden (directly behind the New Albany Library)
*Molly Scott (aka "Ms. Molly") is a nature educator, with degrees in Child Development and Early Childhood Education. She teaches the Toddlers in Nature Classes at Blendon Woods and Rocky Fork Metro Parks. She is Montessori trained and certified in Project Learning Tree. Her passion is connecting current generations with nature, as we are nature itself.
To Wear/Bring with You:
- An outdoor blanket
- Dinner (if desired). Feel free to pack food or check out one of the food trucks part of the Farmers Market!
Our nature classes are all about embracing the natural world - so a little rain or a little heat won't stop us! However, in the event of significant inclement weather, classes may be canceled or moved indoors in the Philip Heit Center (weather decisions will be made on the day of the program).
- Outdoors, masks are not required and are optional for children and adults participating in programs.
- The number of participants will be limited to allow for social distancing.
- If you are showing any symptoms of sickness, please stay home.
- If the program moves indoors, unvaccinated persons (including children) should wear masks at all times except if seated and socially distanced, and/or while eating or drinking.
- Fully vaccinated individuals (ex: parents, instructor) are not required to wear masks indoors, except in the common areas (lobby/bathrooms) since those areas are shared with OSU Wexner Medical Center (a healthcare facility).
- Healthy New Albany will periodically update our policy based on local and federal and health guidance.
|Program Type||Family & Youth|
|Program Code||Farmers Mrkt Stories|
|Enrollment Begin Date||6/10/2021|
|Enrollment End Date||7/6/2021|
Molly Scott, Nature Educator